I’m known as a “thought provoker!” I do my BEST to get people out of the inertia they are currently hiding behind so they can improve their lives,earn more income and begin to live the life of their dreams. In direct selling many leaders, company executives and persons of influence are afraid to challenge people to do better or at least do their best because they don’t want to LOSE THEM! Great, so they continue to build a team or a company of whiners and complainers and provide them with every reason and incentive not to succeed in making money. Gotta love it when someone tells me their earned their company incentive trip and in the next breath they tell me they’re broke!
I confess, I despise mediocrity. I never sent my sons to school encouraging them to “get a C” when they were both capable of and did get lots of “A-grades.” I believe all of us were put on this earth to achieve greatness, make a difference and live up to our potential! We all have the ability to find an excuse or to “FIND A WAY” to succeed. I would never in my wildest dreams be afraid to show someone how to succeed in direct selling especially if I took the time to have “a conversation” with them to find out their goals and then showed them exactly step-by-step what they needed to do to reach them. I owe it to every one I share the opportunity with to show them how to succeed, not set them up to fail. Let’s look at just a few of the ways you can have a great impact on other people’s direct selling income as well as your own!
- Talk business opportunity first rather than product discount, free or discounted kit and other insane methods of entrapment. Yes, you read it right! Insecure people who are not confident about their company, product and opportunity will resort to anything to bring more non-workers on their team. Here’s today’s puzzling question. How much income can a leader earn if her 10 people have zero sales for the month?
- Don’t talk her to death to get her to sign-up. Ask questions to help her come to the right decision based on the desired outcome she would like to have. YES, some people won’t be honest with you. Get over it, most will at least let you know what they want as well as how much time they have available to work the business each week. Show her how to make it a reality!
- Hold her accountable. Don’t be a “whimpy” sponsor, leader or company executive, or they will plow right over you. Let her know in advance she has a wonderful business opportunity but it won’t work if she doesn’t. If she tells you she wants to hold 2 parties per week so she can earn $300 each week, provide her with the formula, training and accountability to insure it happens more often than not.
- Provide her with simple incentives for reaching “her goals” early on but be careful not to begin rewarding for mediocrity right from the beginning. Always focus on “HER GOALS” and not what you think she should do. You may inadvertently show her how to do less than she wants which will prevent her from earning the income she desires.
- Have a system in place to train, motivate and move people up through the ranks in your company. The more complete your system the greater chance you will have in helping your team members succeed. BONUS: The more success they have the larger your leadership bonus check will be each month.
I loved being a direct selling leader because it allowed me the opportunity to have a positive impact on so many lives.In the beginning I too was afraid to show people how to succeed. I was afraid they would change their mind and not do the business (which would be their loss) and more importantly I was afraid that my recruits would think I was being to pushy about wanting them to succeed so I could earn more money on them. So I’m ashamed to say, in the beginning I was thinking more of myself than I was of them. Once I came to the realization the only way to truly help someone is to empower them to do their best it became easier for me to do what I knew in my heart was going to help them reach their goals and dreams. I quit being afraid of those who might complain I was being too harsh and instead focused on those who wanted a thriving business. I built a team of WINNERS not WHINERS who were earning more than the average consultants in our company! Come to think of it in over 20 years no one ever came to me and said, “Karen, I don’t like YOU. You helped me make too much money! You showed me that reaching my goals was possible! How dare YOU!”
NOPE…no one ever told me that…but even if they did I would have moved on to the next person without blinking an eye!
If you’re ready to take your leadership skills and systems to the next level and you aren’t afraid to join me in Las Vegas, March 29 – April 1′st, 2012 for the Direct Selling Leadership Bootcamp then go to www.directsellingleader.com/info